Beware of these critters! They are tiny but they are deadly dangerous!
Some caterpillars are poisonous to humans and to predators. These caterpillars get their toxicity from the plants they eat. Generally, the brightly colored are poisonous; their color is a reminder to predators about their toxicity.
Wattle Cup Caterpillar (Calcarifera ordinata)
It is certainly a beauty to admire but be careful because it does have a sting that is painful. This cute little fellow likes roses, acacias and palms. As it turns to maturity it will transform into a brown/cream moth. The sting has been described as “worse than 3 wasp stings”.